Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Can I just say that I have the sweetest little buggers around. Scott woke me up on Mother's day to breakfast in bed and Faith made me the sweetest Mother's day sign.

I have to tell you that Scott made bacon for breakfast but burnt the first batch so he woke his sister up to have her make the bacon. So he decided that he would make me his speciality. He brought the plate of bacon in with a bowl in his other hand. Now I figured he brought me cereal to go with the bacon or maybe scrambled eggs but nope. To go along with my perfectly chewy bacon and my fresh cold MT Dew at 9 in the morning was a big bowl of luke warm ramen noodles......Needless to say when he asked if I was going to eat it I told him how sweet he was for making it but I cant eat that early in the morning. He promptly asked if he could eat it, so it did not go to waste.

The kids both got me cards (with a lot of prodding on my part for John to take them) that were sweet and my parents sent me a card. Faith made me a dish towel that she asked that we not turn brown. So I told her we wouldn't use it at all. John made a funny face at that but he cant use it if I have hidden it away in the hope chest.

In the evening went to my in-laws for taco salad. My nephew The Tall Skinny One made the dinner, including homemade Guacamole. His brother for Mother's day made their mom a Grandma. My Great-Nephew was born Friday evening weighing in at 7lbs 9ozs, I think.