Sunday, August 14, 2011

Home

This weekend our nephew got married. That meant a long road trip to Utah, made longer by an accident at Malad Pass that closed down both sides of the freeway. This forced us across the state to go into Utah through Preston into Logan. We ended up with an extra two hours on our drive. It sucked.

We absolutely enjoyed the weekend with the family. Friday night Faith spent at a friends house and the rest of us stayed up until 3 or 4 in the morning laughing and talking and having fun. Some of the nieces and nephews got to see me really loopy. As I told them, I didn't need to be drunk just sleep deprived. I ended up sleeping in the car because I couldn't get comfortable anywhere else. :)

Saturday was crazy: Brunch, Family Pictures, Temple, Dinner, Reception. That was just the planned stuff, had to find time for lunch and changing and dealing with the chaos. I did end up having to take my chill pills so one of the nieces drove me and Faith and the great-nephew and her little sister to the temple. lol Then her brother drove us back, the funny thing was that he was so scared of crashing Uncle John's car that he was doing both hands 10 and 2 the whole way and not talking.

We spent the night at John's brothers house and it was nice to sleep in a bed, I laid down on the bed and was out. Had a great breakfast and then hit John's parents house to say goodbye. John and I have different ideas about good-byes. I hate them so I prefer a hurry goodbye and get on my way. He prefers to talk to each person for an hour or more before we leave. There were move than 10 people at that house, I had to assert my goodbyes or we would still be there.

Had a snag on the way home with traffic again but luckily it didn't set us back more then ten minutes. Now that we are here was can convince everyone that we really do have a daughter and she isn't just a figment of our imaginations. :)

Loves All!