Yesterday was a big day for us. For those of you who do not live in Utah the 24th of July is a state holiday to celebrate the arrival of the first major group of settlers. So in the morning we went to Price to pick up Faith as she was spending a month with her Grandparents. We left at nine and didn't get back until after three. It is nice to have my baby girl home again and her kitty kitty has finally stopped wondering around the house whining like a kicked puppy.
We bought a couple of small packages of fireworks for the kids to light off and everything was going fine until we got to the end and Mom got to lite the finale fireworks. We bought these Crackling Strings that we love and are six feet long. I hung them on the Chain Link fence in front of the house and lit the first one. It was so awesome but because it is going off up the string it kind of lights on fire and drips a little bit. We had just a teenie itsy little tiny bit of a fire in the grass. I do the responsible thing and grab the hose that was already on just for this kind of thing and run up to put out the fire. At the same time the firework hit the top and and did a bomb exploding thing. The kids and Matt are yelling at me to get back and I turn and look at just the right moment and see the firework right in my face at eye level. I dropped the hose and ran just out of fear not because I was hurt but the family said I had been hit with several of the sparks but I didn't even feel it. It all turned out all right and Matt held the hose for the second one and it was all fun no one got hurt but I think I will leave fireworks and the maintain up to Matt from now on. I will just sit in my chair and throw flowers.