

What could be more exciting for two little boys then to get to see trains and rockets all in the same day? I am not sure but for John and Scott it was an awesomer day. Yes people I said awesomer, not just awesome but awesomer.
So John is on call for work this weekend. I don't know how his boss does it but every time I have plans John is scheduled to be on call. Which wouldn't be a big deal because a weekend call is only once a month but instead of going to the hot springs in Idaho that John had planned on doing we had to find something else a little closer to home to do. So I was sitting outside admiring all my pretty weeds while John slowly killed himself and it dawned on me that I have lived in Utah for most of my life and I had never been to Promontory Point. For those of you who don't know what that is, find yourself Utah quarter and take a good long look.
We loaded the blistered boy into the car and drove away. The drive was not that bad, and the conversation was good. We made it to the monument just in time to watch a reenactment. Which I should note here that there was not 1 golden spike but 2 plus a silver one and a gold and silver one. Just so you know my 12 year old informed me of this before we arrived so at least I was not to shocked during the "play". I wont go into the nitty gritty details of how they had to get audience members to help and how some creepy dude stopped me and told me he liked my shirt because it reminded him of Aggie blue.
Once that was over we headed to the ATK rocket display. Took a lot of pictures of the boys playing. Wasn't really my thing but they had fun.
To top the evening off John took me to Bambara for dinner, oh my mouth was in heaven. Its only the very best food in town, of course its priced that way to. John asked during dinner why we didn't come more often, he remembered when they brought him the check.