Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Just living

So much has been going on that I have just been living day to day. Lets see if I can sumarize the last couple of weeks for you.

School started for Scott on Aug 24th, and we have been struggling with the software ever since. He likes school and his classes, all though they told him that he would be taking German and he is not. I was looking into getting him Rosetta Stone but that is so far outside of our price range that it just not happening. I have looked at other programs but I am not sure how well they work and if they are the full immersive that Rosetta Stone is. For now we will just deal with no German.
Scott has chosen to go Gluten Free. This is a big step for him (and me) that he made after reading a book written by another Asperger's child. The kid in the book was casien and gluten free but as much as I would like to support Scott in doing both I can't make that many adjustment's yet to my cooking. For goodness sakes I just started cooking regularly let alone differntly. For the most part cooking for him hasn't been bad becuase I found out a lot of what I make is gluten free all ready. However John's favorite meal is my meatloaf, which is of course full of gluten. I do have a tiny loaf pan that my friend gave me for christmas a few years back that worked great for making a seperate meatloaf using the rice bread I bought (it wasn't good for anything but crumbling anyways) and he enjoyed it.

School started for Faith on Aug 29th. She was so nervous about her first day but she survived. She is in Honors Reading, Pre-Algebra, Band (Clarinet), and others that I cant think of right now. She really enjoys the reading class and her favorite teacher is her reading teacher. Band is a new experiance for her and she is not so keen on practicing after school but that will change when she knows more then three notes. :) She walks to school most days since the school is a block away but sometimes she bats those eyelashes at me and I can't resist. That girl has me wrapped around her little finger and John pointed out last night. Guess I am going to have to work hard at unwrapping her.

John spent last week in Seattle doing training for 10-12 hours a day. He said his brain was so full that he had to take recording's on his phone for some of the stuff that they were talking about. He came home and was just exhausted he slept for most Saturday and then Saturday night he slept for more then 12 hours. Those of you who knew him when he was younger will be shocked about that. Of course then you would have recognized him Sunday night. He didn't sleep at all, which of course took it's toll on the kids becuase he is a GROUCH when he doesn't sleep. So I took him out of the house and away from the kids and he got better.

As for me I went to a fabric store to pick up some stuff for a quilt I am making and there was a sign on the door looking for someone to work 15 hours a week. There was other stuff listed that all matched what I was mulling over in my mind that I wanted. I applied that day and a week later I am have a new job. The shifts are 5 1/2 hours and three rotating days a week. I am in heaven, I wanted my own spending money and I get to learn new stuff about the stuff I already love! It's minamum wage, which I was telling John I have never worked for, even my first job at McDee's they started me a quarter above lol. I don't care though, it will get me away from Scott and I will have some freedom.

As a family we went camping for the first time before John left for Seattle. We had a ball. We were on a cliff over the Snake River so we could hear the river all night. We had hobo dinner's but I had never put them together before so they were kinda small and we ended up eating our hot dogs that were for lunch. All though I found out yesterday that he can't eat the hot dogs I buy. Darn Natural Flavors. Faith did a complete turn around from the quite little girl, she was LOUD and laughing and singing. She slept in the tent with John and I, and Scott slept in his own tent. The problem was that Faith wouldn't shut up and wouldn't stop moving, I had to threaten to send her to her brother's tent just for 30 seconds of quite. We plan on going this weekend and I can't wait. :)

That's whats been going on with us. :)

Loves!