Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ice Skates and Concerts

Baby Girl has really gotten into ice skating. She is taking lessons and going to practice as many times as John and I will take her. Last night she had class and then we stuck around afterwards for free skate. I don't skate I sit in the stands and knit and read and watch what she is doing. She on the other hand is so self contained that skating by herself for an hour was nothing for her. She was so excited to be able to stick around that she didn't even complain when I told her it was time to go home. She came off the ice and stole my 32oz ice tea and had finished it before we got home but it was so wonderful to see her rosy red cheeks.On the way home from ice skating she was telling me that she really really wanted her own ice skates. Little did she know I had already bought her a pair on eBay. I bit my tongue though and didn't say a word because I didn't know when the skates would be here. We got home and John had a package sitting on his desk. I made her sit on the couch while I opened it, when I pulled the first ice skate out, all I saw was a streak as she ran across the room and grabbed it out of my hand. I didn't even get to pull the second one out as she already had yanked and ran to the couch to try them on. It took her a bit to get them on and then I did them up for her. Once they were laced she tackled me so hard that I fell back into the couch. She felt bad but was off again to show her brother, I barely had a chance to stop her from walking across my tile in the skates but she did refrain. Even if she doesn't take any classes after these ones the excitement on her face when that first skate was pulled out made every penny spent worth it.

Now Bud on the other hand gets his extra special treat next Monday. John is taking him to the Halloween Hootenanny featuring the Gruesome Twosome, Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie. I had to remind John that our boy was still a little small for the mosh pit but luckily he had already bought tickets right above it, so that they could watch the concert and the pit.

And of course on Oct 20 John and I are going to see Nickelback!!!!